Just recently, I had a migraine and it lasted for 24 hours. You might be wondering why it lasted that long. Honestly, I am tired of taking tablets that promise to give us timely relief because they all have side effects. If you’re like me, you will opt for alternative ways. Aside from getting a good rest, check out these alternative remedies to help you when your head seems to explode.
1. Rub a few drops of peppermint essential oil to your temples. Peppermint has anti-inflammatory properties and will help you soothe your nerves.
2. Start eating a low-fat diet. This diet lessens the occurrence of migraines for about 40 percent.
3. Include vitamin B2 as your daily supplement. A study that was conducted in Belgium proves that vitamins B2 decreased the number of migraines from their subjects for about 40 percent.
4. Try acupuncture. Acupuncture stimulates our body’s ability to overcome conditions by correcting energy imbalances.
5. Learn stress management. Stress has been known to trigger migraines and learning on how to cope with stress may decrease your likelihood of having migraines.
6. Book a massage therapy. This remedy reduces the frequency of your migraines.Adora Beauty
7. Take magnesium supplements. Studies show that people who took magnesium supplements have reported a reduced frequency of migraines by almost 42 percent.
8.Omega 3. They reduce inflammation that is believed to be one of the reasons why people experience migraines.
9. Drink water! Maybe you’re just dehydrated. It’s your body’s way of telling you that you lack fluids.
10. Drink hot tea made of ginger root. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in relieving tension.
Have you experienced migraine? What did you do?