A lot of us know that Magellan came to and started Chritianization in the country, that Cebu was the first city in the Philippines, and that , according to Anthony Bourdain.
The question is, do you know a thing or two about what Cebuanos do on a normal day?
I guess not so much.
If you belong to this group of people, don’t pout nor cry ‘coz I’m going to tell you what a typical Cebuano will do in any given ordinary day.
Ready, set, go!
1. They go to on Fridays.
2. They let manang who’s selling candles dance the Sinulog and sing their wishes to Sto. Nino.
3. They ride a jeep, tricycle, pedicap or trisikad, habal-habal, ferry boat, or taxi from house to work or laaganan and vice versa.
pedicab or trisikad by www.treklens.com
4. They go to Cebu Redemptorist Church on Wednesdays.
5. They give a dozen of eggs or more to the nuns of Cebu Carmelite Monastery and write their wishes on paper.
6. They get free mobile internet through a WiFi zone in the mall or from neighbors who forgot to install a password (except for those who are subscribed to a mobile internet connection).
7. They go to the mall or coffee shop and escape the scorching tropical heat or do window shopping.
9. They speak English because they are so freakin’ good at it!
10. They take every day — because they are the
These are the things I can remember as of now.
Did I fail to mention anything else fellow Cebuanos?
If yes, feel free to drop some comments and I might include them in my next article.