10 Ways To Know That Someone Is A Certified Bisdak
Bisdaks are awesome, huh?
posted on: Sunday, December 15, 2013
The Philippines has a rich and diverse culture. Out of the millions in diaspora, how will you determine if a Filipino is a certified Bisayang Dako (Bisdak) or not? Here are the ways:
1. He speaks Filipino (national language of the Philippines) or Tagalog with a maragsa (hard) accent.
2. He is very proud of Lapu-Lapu, considered as the first hero of the Philippines.
3. He loves to eat SuTuKil or sugba (grill), tuwa (soup) and kilaw (raw).
4. He loves to eat buwad (dried fish).
5. He loves to drink sikwati (hot chocolate) paired with ripe mangoes and puto (sweet sticky rice).
6. He knows Senyor.
7. He admits that he missed eating puso (rice wrapped in palm leaves).
8. He loves to eat at Mcdo—Mcduko-duko or pungko pungko (affordable street food).
9. He loves to say “Pag churr woi” or “Istoryahe!”
10. He speaks English very fluently! (Many contact centers can attest to this fact.)
In the meantime, let me leave you with a video of a foreigner who is a Bisdak by heart.
What else can you add to the list?