Gabii sa Kabilin (Night of Heritage) 2014 na!
But before I continue, do you have an idea how to survive the Night of Heritage?
If not, don’t fret. This article was made specifically for you so you can enjoy Gabii sa Kabilin.
1. Learn what Gabii sa Kabilin is all about.www.rafi.org.ph
Just to give you a brief idea on what GSK is, it’s a heritage night which allows the public to visit participating museums and heritage sites during the evening.
It was patterned from Lange Nacht der Museen or Long Night of the Museums in Germany.
GSK is spearheaded by the Aboitiz Foundation, Inc. and is now on its 8th year.
2. Know what the participating heritage sites and museums are.www.rafi.org.ph
This year, the there is a total of 35 participants .
1. Casa Gorordo Museum
2. Cathedral Museum of Cebu
3. Cebu City Museum
4. Cebu City Hall
5. Don Sergio Osmeña and CAP Art Gallery
6. Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple
7. Fort San Pedro
8. Iglesia Filipina Independiente Cathedral of the Holy Child
9. Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum
10. Museo Parian sa Sugbo
11. Museo Sugbo
12. Plaza Parian
13. Sacred Heart Parish Church-Alternative Contemporary Art Studio
14. San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish Church
15. San Pedro Calungsod Chapel
16. Sugbo Chinese Heritage Museum
17. United Church of Christ in the Philippines-Bradford Memorial Chapel
18. University of Southern Philippines-Rizaliana Museum
19. University of the Philippines Cebu College
20. Anthill Fabric Gallery (new)
21. St. Theresas College Folklife Museum (new)
22. Staypis Souvenirs, Arts and Collectibles (new)
1. Mactan Shrine
2. Muelle Osmeña
3. Nuestra Señora Virgen de la Regla Parish Church
4. Plaza Poblacion
1. Mandaue City Presidencia
2. Bantayan sa Hari
3. Plaza Complex
4. National Shrine of St. Joseph Parish Church
1. National Historic Shrine Liberation Monument
2. Museo de Talisay
3. Sta. Teresa de Avila Parish Church
4. City Hall
5. Aliño Brothers Monument
3. Choose the sites you want to visit.sxustudentmedia.com
It is possible to visit all 35 of them by using a technique we call The Amazing Race but you won’t be able to enjoy the sites at all.
If you won’t be bringing a car with you, you can ride the bus for free.
They have a specific route.
To check out the bus routes and the heritage sites/museums that are under it, check out the or the which you can download for free.
4. Sleep or rest well.blogs.discovery.com
Save some energy because it’s going to last all night long.
5. Wear comfortable clothes.thepausesbetween.com
You will be walking and interacting with lots of people. Make sure your clothes are breathable.
Just bring a fan just in case a specific site gets too hot.
Vernie Maskariño from the RAFI.org.ph Community also suggests to bring an umbrella (just in case it might rain), flashlight (great for walking along dark areas).
He also mentioned that it’s better not to wear jewelries or bring laptops so as not to attract thieves.
6. Prepare your gadgets.www.narcisstick.com
Choose your weapon. You can either bring a DSLR camera, smart phone, tablet or digital camera.
Make sure the battery is full (bring extra batteries) and make sure your memory cards are empty.
7. Maintain your fluid and electrolyte balance.morethanpaleo.com
Since you will be walking a lot, chances are, you’re going to perspire. Replace your lost fluids guys. You don’t want to end up fainting, do you? Drink fluids and eat snacks too.simpletripper.blogspot.com
8. Bring your entire family or barkada.www.huffingtonpost.com
It ain’t gonna be fun if you’re all by yourself. Trust me.
9. Start early.youknowwhatmama.blogspot.com
Participating sites will open starting 6 PM. Start your quest early so that you can finish early too.
10. Take lots of selfies.www.rafi.org.ph
Since we’re the 9th selfiest city in the whole world, let’s prove to them that we haven’t lost our selfie touch.
You can also join the GSK selfie contest and end up winning some prizes. Check out the mechanics .
Are you ready for Gabii sa Kabilin?
Make sure your tickets are ready.
If you still haven’t got them, check out this to get more info on how to grab your tickets.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #GabiiSaKabilin when uploading your photos.
See you there!