10 Weird Superstitions In The Philippines That Will Blow Your Mind
It’s part of our culture and we’re used to them, but some are just really bizarre.
posted on: Wednesday, October 8, 2014
My Good Man, this heathen calls himself "Magz" as if his own name wasn't good enough. He claims to own these titles "Web Developer Baller" and a "Social Media Ho". It appears that this ruffian has also a talent in digital art.
Superstitions are a part of our culture but some are just downright bizarre and really stupid. So let me present you some really weird superstitions that some Filipinos believe:
1. If you can’t make eye contact you’re probably possessed.
2. You shouldn’t open your umbrella indoors because they bring bad luck.
3. Sleeping with wet hair isn’t a good idea. Why? Because you will go crazy.
4. Sore eyes are annoying especially when you have a lot of rheum (muta). To cure this annoying disease just wash it with your urine and you’re good to go.
5. A mole in the foot means you will be an adventurer.
6. Don’t bury a dead guy with his shoes on or he will hunt you with loud footsteps that you will surely hear.
7. A person’s shadow is just as important as he/she is, that’s why never trample it or else the person will die.
8. A pregnant woman’s touch can cause trees to wither and bear sour fruits.
9. If a child steps over an open grave the spirit of the dead will visit the child.
10. Sleeping in front of a mirror is fatal. Why? Because your soul might get trapped in the mirror.
What other bizarre superstitions do you know?