20 Photos on How Cebuanos Embraced the Evacuees from Leyte
posted on: Monday, November 18, 2013
1. The local government units of Lapu-Lapu and Cebu Cities prepare for the arrival of the evacuees from Leyte on board a navy vessel.
2. GMA Kapuso Foundation in cooperation with the women’s group of Lapu-Lapu City served hot porridge for the the almost 1,500 evacuees who arrived at past 10 am on Nov. 18 at the Naval Forces Central (Navforcen), Looc, Lapu-Lapu City.
3. Bread provided by ABS-CBN Foundation and Gardenia Bakeries.
4. Navy official briefs Lapu-Lapu LGU minutes before the docking of the vessel carrying the evacuees.
5. LLC 550 prepares to dock at the Navforcen port.
6. Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Paz C. Radaza boards the ship to personally welcome the evacuees.
7. Evacuees clap their hands in appreciation.
8. Navy personnel carries a baby to the waiting area.
9. Volunteers assist an old lady passenger.
10. Even the driver of the Lapu-Lapu City mayor assisted arriving evacuees.
11. According to the owner, his dog’s name used to be Yuri until he changed it to Yoly (after super typhoon Yolanda) just after he found his dog alive.
12. Signs of humanity all over the place.
13. Upon disembarkation, the evacuees were given food.
14. And a little boy gives a big smile while a lady at the back holds back tears while being given a bottle of water.
15. The lady at the back of a smiling child covers her face as she breaks down after getting a cup of porridge, a loaf of bread and a bottle of water.
16. Eating her porridge.
17. The ladies of Lapu-Lapu City mayor’s office busy providing hot drinks to the evacuees.
18. After getting some food packs, those injured or sick were given medical attention.
19. Medicines readied for those needing it.
20. Finally, calling a love one at the libreng tawag station provided by the office of Rep. Aileen C. Radaza, to tell them that he is safe and has arrived in Cebu.