In the different evacuation centers in Cebu, evacuees from Eastern Visayas were treated with a live showing of Manny Pacquiao’s bout against American boxer Brandon Rios in Macau.
Here’s what I saw In Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu.
Evacuees from Eastern Visayas and residents of barangay Mactan, Lapu-Lapu City under one roof, inside a covered court to watch the boxing match.
1. When I arrived evacuees were treated lunch by a civic organization.
2. Children were given toys.
3. Relief goods were distributed.
4. Residents of barangay Mactan who were watching the show along with the evacuees cheer for their idol Manny Pacquiao.
5. Kids from the neighbourhood also watch the bout.
6. A dad brings his two kids.
7. A father taking refuge in Cebu watches Pacquiao outbox Rios while his toddler is fast asleep.
8. While some refugee kids oblivious of what’s going on prefer to play.
9. And barangay Mactan residents leap for joy when Manny Pacquiao was declared the winner in a unanimous decision.
10. And this little girl joins the crowd in celebrating Pacquiao’s victory.
11. A mother, who lost their home speaks in waray on how happy she is. In gist, she said, she hopes that Pacquiao will make good on his promise of helping the victims of super typhoon Yolanda.